Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Lyritastic

Well someone asked me why my blogs were so full of lyrics (especially recently). Well generally it's an insight to my thoughts / feelings / experiences of the past day or week. Sometime's it's just because I like a song.

I guess the question for today is, are the following lyrics thoughts / feelings? or because I like the song?

Sound of Silence - Simon & Garfunkel

Hello darkness, my old friend,
Ive come to talk with you again,
Because a vision softly creeping,
Left its seeds while I was sleeping,
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence.

In restless dreams I walked alone
Narrow streets of cobblestone,
'neath the halo of a street lamp,
I turned my collar to the cold and damp
When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of
A neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence.

Oh, also the last post was a song by Sneaky Sound System. How did people not know that!?

5 Comments:

Blogger Bec said...

I don't know sneaky sound system.... but I do know Simon and Garfunkel - I can sing along to that song!

What I want to know is how blogger knows what country I'm in... I haven't told it, but the page is all in German... Ich muss jetzt mein Kommentar veroeffentlichen... :-)

9:23 pm  
Blogger Alicia said...

Oh, I heard 'pictures' while at a 21st on Friday night and was like... Ohhh, it's this song...

Hope your graduation & sis' baptism was good!

10:15 pm  
Blogger Alicia said...

yawn...

2:28 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!

11:31 am  
Blogger Alicia said...

Do we get a six month update?! How's life at Coffs? Will you extend your time or are you raging to move on?

How is church there? Lots of youngens like you? Solid? Involving?

'come on please your fans here! We're hanging out for it! :)

12:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home