Monday, March 12, 2007

Drunks

Why is everyone at work an alcoholic? Why am I expected to spend every waking moment outside of work drunk? Why is it so hard to be different?

I've been doing ok living alone. It gives me some respite from the expectations of womanising and drinking. But now my boss wants to move one of the foremen in with me. I didn't think this would be too bad. Then he opened his mouth... (This is seriously the first thing he said to me)

"Have you been drinking much?"

"Not much this past month."

"We'll change that."

Great. Now I'm going to be living with a drunk.

Other conversations I've had in the past couple of days include one of my bosses telling me there's nothing wrong with sleeping with a prostitute...

Lord, is it meant to be this hard?

What is wrong with these people??? They're all such shallow, SHALLOW people!!! There's a lot more to life than money, sex and drinking. But not according to them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bec said...

Hey Matty G, that sounds like a bit of a crappy situation. Will pray for u... Check out 1 Peter 2:11-12, and then chapter 4:1-6. The rest of the book is good too(!), but I think these verses are esp. relevant...

4:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home