Monday, September 25, 2006

rock4rights

Hey people!

I'm back from the lovely Gold Coast where the sun is always shining, the ladies are all good looking and the beer never stops flowing. I went up with my cousin for 3.5 days to attend a concert my uncle was organising for Amnesty. It's entitled rock4rights and you can check it out here.

The bands that played were:
  • Grassroots Street Orchestra

  • Who were really, really cool. They have an electric violin with a wah-wah pedal!!! That's right a violin that sounded like Hendrix!
  • the President's Bush

  • These guys rocked loud and hard but didn't take themselves too seriously. What more could you want?
  • the Black Market Rhythm Company

  • They have a trumpet!! A trumpet!!!
  • the Winnie Coopers

  • Funny name and not my kind of music but the crowd loved them, so who am I to comment.
  • Transport

  • I didn't get to catch these guys... It was late in the day and the Red Bull hadn't kicked in...
  • Shifter

  • Aussie pub rock. Nothing more, nothing less. Good.
  • Kate Miller-Heidke

  • 5 foot nothing. Opera trained. A true performer, Kate was the highlight of the day. If she ever comes down to Sydney I'm taking everyone with me to see her. Her songs were funny and honest and more often than not very catchy.
    Oh, and she's got a babe for a backup singer. But that could have been the Red Bull finally kicking in... She also plays violin. That's right 2 bands with violins in 1 day!!

I just checked out her website Kate Miller-Heidke and she's playing the Basement on October 5th, 8pm. Anyone interested? Don't make me go alone...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home